Five separate but related companies wanted to share the costs of establishing a common platform that would allow them to participate in the launch of the Healthcare Marketplace.
Create a shared technology platform that would allow five separate insurance companies to participate in the the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Requirements for participating in the exchange were ill-defined by the ACA and it was difficult to build consensus among the members on how to implement functionality.
- Process driven decision making
- Stakeholder engagement
- Clear and measurable reporting on projects
- Established rules of engagement for the combined team of five equals
- Facilitated the definition and collection of product requirements from all participants
- Maintained rules of engagement through development process
- Established high credibility of implementation team with stakeholders
- Over the course of two years, established implementation team as the best in the division