The CEOs of seven separate but related companies wanted to collaborate on technology strategy, sharing the costs of complying with the ACA.
Create a common technology strategy across seven separately run insurance companies to share costs and reduce risk.
Each company had a different way of doing things and there was no consensus on how to translate the idea of cooperating on technology investment into a working relationship.
- Process driven decision making
- Stakeholder engagement
- Established rules of engagement for the combined team of five equals for vendor selection
- Facilitated process as group defined critical success factors for vendor selection
- Reported progress to stakeholder CEOs
- Established high credibility of implementation team with stakeholders
- Over the course of two years, established implementation team as the best in the division